Career Opportunities at OSI
Physical Scientist / Cartographer
Responsible for processing and analyzing single beam, multibeam, side scan sonar, and other data sets utilizing a variety of custom and commercial software. The analyst will produce final data sets necessary for generating bathymetric images and maps. May also be responsible for producing digital and plotted maps, figures, and reports.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree of Science in the fields of: Earth Science, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Information Systems, (or other closely related fields)
- Must have strong computer, communication and organizational skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Comfortable working within fluid timelines.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (VBA, Python, C++, etc.) desired.
Knowledge and experience with Hypack, CARIS Hips and Sips, Sonarwiz, POSPac, ARCGIS, Microstation, Inroads, MATLAB, Global Mapper, MicroStation, and AutoCAD, a plus.
Job Type: Temporary (September-December)